Porn Harms Kids believes that in order to successfully address the impacts of pornography, we need to take action in three areas: Prevent - Equip - Restore. The best way to equip yourself, children and teens, and community, is through education. For parents of teens, these resources include:
- It's time we talked by Reality and Risk.
- Parents Program by Culture Reframed – coming soon.
- Parenting One Click Ahead of Porn by Liz Walker.
- Online Porn by Childline in the UK. This page is for young people aged 12 and over.
- Sex. Relationships. The Internet by Think U Know in the UK. This site offers practical insight for teens aged 14+.
- Porn: what science says by Think U Know in the UK. This page is for 14+ teens.
- Educate and Empower Kids provides resources to parents and caregivers to encourage connection and healthy relationships through love, communication, education and empowerment.
- Fortify Program by Fight the New Drug. Free for youth aged 13-20, the Fortify Program helps change behaviour by walking participants through more than fifty short videos that cover the science of addiction, the harms of pornography, tools to help you break free, and other helpful information so that you can be empowered to overcome your struggle with pornography.
- eSafety office for reporting offensive or illegal content in Australia.
- Netsafe to make a complaint about content that you think is objectionable in New Zealand.
Know of resources suitable for parents of teens that address pornography? Please let us know.