If a young person you know has been exposed to harmful online content, they may need additional support. These organisations may be able to help you and your child:
Porn Harms Kids has identified that there is a shortfall in resources, specialists and services to support families who are faced with managing mental health and disease related impacts of pornography. Plans to develop resources include providing information specific to:
- Identifying warning signs of pornography’s impact on children and teens
- Understanding how to respond when children see pornography
- Responding to children and young people hooked on pornography
- Implementing measures to promote mental health when pornography is in the home
- What to expect from professionals when requiring support
If you would like to see these resources developed, please consider financially contributing to the work of Porn Harms Kids.
“Childhood experiences, both positive and negative, have a tremendous impact on future violence victimization and perpetration, and lifelong health and opportunity. As such, early experiences are an important public health issue."
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - About Adverse Childhood Experiences